Blog Archive

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Busy Pace of Life

Summer is upon us with a vengeance! Raspberries have been ripening at the rate of one-to-two ice cream pails per day for two weeks now and jam making is in high gear. The bounty from the garden, the weeding, and the putting up the produce, whether it be freezing vegetables, canning jam, or making pesto, becomes all consuming during the heat of the summer.

It reminds me of homeschooling the rest of the year. Things remain undone (like the dusting and the laundry) so that the rest of that prioritized list can get done. Today, while I was out in the garden working,  I began thinking of this fall and school beginning. What do I need that I don't have and when do I fit in getting their lists ready and all their school bins ready? How all consuming will school become that first week of September?



It is time to make school lists, project lists, finish summer projects, and get more organized. I love the book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. It is such an approachable way to learn to prioritize and work toward goals. A great first step to learning how to use my Franklin planner! I will now be living off those lists on my clipboard and in my planner for the rest of this summer so I can be ready to devote time and attention to my three highschoolers, and still find time to write new guides for Progeny Press.

How do you organize for school and life?
What are your favorite books about keeping organized and managing a home?

Remember,  rest in Him when life is too hard or too hectic.
Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you
        while you may be found;
    surely when the mighty waters rise,
        they will not reach him.
 You are my hiding place;
        you will protect me from trouble
        and surround me with songs of deliverance.

                                       –Psalm 32:6-7

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a similar issue or question? Let me know and I will be more than happy to help out!