Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Do I Need Separate Spelling?

Dear Rebecca,


I noticed from your samples that some of your guides have vocabulary work in them. Will I need a separate spelling book for my boys?


D.E.S.
____________________________________________________________

Dear D.E.S.

Great question!

Absolutely. Although out guides will help students build their vocabulary, we do not follow any sequential phonics or spelling in the guides. The vocabulary words are chosen for their difficulty for the child's age.

I suggest a good spelling/phonics book to build a good spelling foundation for the future. Also, a good language/grammar book is important, at least on a part-time basis. (I like the Abeka for both because they are sequential and build gradually on the students' knowledge.)

I hope this helps. If you'd like me to expand on anything, please write again. I appreciate your questions and comments.

Sincerely,

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a similar issue or question? Let me know and I will be more than happy to help out!